Magenta WP Plus Cross-Reference
Adds a much needed feature to WP Plus
- Comprehensive creation and maintenance
of cross-references in WP Plus documents.
- Easy to use; only simple editing is
needed in the document.
- Accessed directly from the normal WP
Plus Document Utilities Menu.
Who needs it?
- Anyone who uses Wang WP Plus,
especially those producing reports, agreements, manuals
or other long or complex documents.
- Takes the chore out of
- Saves a great deal of time,
particularly when up-dating after pagination and editing
- Enables those documents which ought to
have cross-references to be given them, when, otherwise,
cross-referencing may be overlooked or avoided as being
- Simple target codes mark the words,
phrases, sections, appendices etc. to be referenced.
- Target codes can include optional text
which can print and/or be passed to the reference.
- Similar simple codes are used to mark
where the cross references are to be placed.
- Alternative types of cross-reference
allow the following to be inserted:
- The page number of the target (the
number which would print on the target page).
- The paragraph, section, sub-clause,
chapter or similar number and/or text.
- Optional text from the target code (to
refer to figures, illustrations etc).
- Styles (font, bold, etc) can be
specified for individual cross-references.
- Any number of references to a single
target are possible.
- Duplicated targets are allowed or,
optionally, can be reported as errors.
- Duplicated targets produce multiple
page numbers for a single cross reference, and can be
used for a simple form of document indexing.
- It can be used in conjunction with WP
Plus 'Standard Arabic' Paragraph Numbering, and, subject
to some restrictions, with other WP Plus Paragraph
- Optional reports are logged to a text
shelf in the document; they are comprehensive with
information on all targets, references, page numbers etc.
- Errors are always logged automatically
to a text shelf in the document.
- The utility can be run on the whole
document or on a range of pages.
- Any Wang systems running WP Plus 3.0
See Price List